Tuesday, June 26, 2007

An expected visitor

I'm typing this with very foggy vision after having had a retinal screening this morning. (It is routine for diabetics). The process uses eye drops that dilate the iris for ease of taking images but everything is now blurry and dazzling. I'm not allowed to drive for the rest of the day and I recall as a child how such eyedrops were standard peocedure at the clinic or opticians.

Last night, I dipped into Second Life and noticed that Welshcakes Limoncello was online, somewhere. She joined us up on the Lastditch Airship (named after her) but by some quirk of the teleporting, found herself above us in amongst the gasbags. I eventually tracked her down (by flying up) and coaxed her down into the bar area, falling out myself in the process.
Here is a snapshot of us chatting. I expected her to have fairer hair than that but I imagine she will be fine-tuning her appearance until the awards ceremony on Sunday. (I'm the one with the Penguin). On seeing the snapshot, Mrs. Grey questioned why we both had breasts. My pointing out that mine were Pecs hidn't cut the mustard...

...and just to keep David happy, here is Ben the dog.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yay! Welshcakes!

I love your penguin shirt. It's adorable.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Deli. Thanks for rescuing me! I did have fun last night. Yes, I must do something about that hair!

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet Welshcakes briefly. Fingers crossed for Sunday!