Monday, April 30, 2007

Life imitates art.

For my birthday, I treated myself to the DVD of Monty Python, series 1. So far I have only watched one episode, but I particularly remember Arthur (Two Sheds) Jackson, as the routine was also on the first Monty Python Album.

Fast forward a week. Our lawn mower has now passed on and gone to Mower Heaven (The big cage at the tip) and we have decided on a petrol one. The trouble is, with an engine, we can't just hang it up on a nail like the old one.

So, we find ourselves at Sheds-R-Us on the ring road. We settled on a "Glory Box" similar to this one.

(Glory Box has a straight-forward definition, whilst a Glory Hole could be one of several things, not all tasteful).

We already have a shed, though, a Wendy House quite a bit smaller than this one, which is for playing in


Suddenly, the irony hits. I've become Ian (Two Sheds) Grey. Do I write the blog in the shed?...

8 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Of course, if he didn't have a shed, he'd be Arthur "no sheds" Jackson

Daily Referendum said...

One shed is OK, two sheds are great, but three, three is too many.

What do the neighbours think to you being Bishedual?

James Higham said...

So are you thinking of buying this second wendy house to hang the engine in, Ian?

Shades said...

In the words of Buzz Lightyear:

You are sad strange little men and you have my pity...

Shades said...

Daily Referendum, what I get up to in the privacy of my own shed(s) is/are none of the neighbours business!

I'm extremely heteroshedual, I'll have you know.

Shani said...

I have three sheds in my garden, one is the big daddy shed (with all the important tools in...) one is the middle shed (which actually was a shed for the rubbish which couldn't live in the house) and one is my shed ... for my writing... my goodness me have I taken some stick over that one !!

Best wishes and enjoy....

and by the way - you can never have too many sheds, just not enough garden...

Shades said...

...but you can have too much garden!

Anonymous said...

In which of the sheds does Ian Grey live: the one with the tricycle?