Saturday, April 14, 2007

Complicated personality tests made easy

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware.

Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.


I knew I was an ESTP from a Myers-Briggs test on a training week, although it took a huge (and expensive) Management analysis test with Professor Andrew Kakabadse and his team at Cranfield University twenty years ago rather than twelve questions!

Hat tip: Colin Campbell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.
Almost true...

Shades said...

When I took the test back in 1987, there were (from memory) 178 questions to be filled in on one of those computer marked pencil line forms. We were presented with the question sheets at the end of the Sunday introductory social evening and told to have them ready to hand in at the first session on the Monday morning.

The Prof told us afterwards (when we got the results on Wednesday) that many of the questions were deliberately complex to "filter out noise" so that the comparatively easy ones that followed (about 40 of them) that were actually used for scoring were answered in the right frame of mind.

He also told us that being under the affluence of incahol slightly helped the results due to being more relaxed and open- unless you were incoherently drunk, of course.

Oh these mind games that the shrinks play on us...

Roberta Hill said...

I found this to be quite interesting even if it did score me incorrectly. So I went back and change the one question that I knew would report me as I know I am. I do like sweet and simple but I also think that the emphasis on the percentages is rather misleading. I also take offence at being labeled "goofy". Odd or even excentric maybe but not goofy.

Shades said...

Roberta, I didn't write it so don't accept any blame for your taking offence!

Inevitably, these short ones over-simplify a rather complex subject.