Saturday, April 14, 2007

Spring = Summer

I've been tagged by CityUnslicker for the Sping=Summer Meme.

The three things I like about Summer:

-Being able to go out without coats, safe in the knowledge that it is a lovely warm day, not a cloud in the sky and it won't rain (apart from in Manchester).

-Beaches, gardens and theme parks are at their best.

-[Young Man] walking round Coventry at lunchtime admiring the Totty in their Summer togs
-[Middle Age] the end of driving into dazzling low sun in the late afternoon

Just to be an awkward cuss, here are three things I don't like about Summer-

-The incessant drone of lawnmowers
-The nauseous smell of barbecue lighting fluid
-Having to cut the grass every 42 hours

Revenge is sweet- I tag the three newest blogpowerers: Looking for a voice, Crushed by Ingsoc! and Zaftig.

2 comments:

CityUnslicker said...

cutting lawns does me in too. Get really bad hayfever plus the bad back!

Shades said...

CityUnslicker, it is just the tedium and pointlessness that does me in. I'd be happy with Astroturf!