Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sculpture

David brought home this curious sculpture last week. He made it with a couple of others a year or two back but it has been in the IT Suite ever since and the school always have a big clear out at the end of the year. He tells me he painted it himself.
I have vivid memories of making a Papier Maché sculpture for Art "O" Level. It consisted of a large cheese shaped centre piece with surrounding tower blocks, the central shape being topped by a light bulb lamp, 15W pygmy, I seem to recall, or maybe a candle lamp. It returned after marking looking like an earthquake had hit, several of the tower blocks had collapsed and the lamp was shattered. Needless to say, I didn't pass! (The only artistic creative talent I can muster is with a lighting rig). This sculpture reminds me somewhat of the very strange Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama, although David says it isn't him. Not enough face tendrils...

5 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I think David is very talented!

Shades said...

He is, but I'm not certain if this is a showcase item for the folio...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shades said...

Spam links masquerading as comments will be deleted.

Liz Hinds said...

There's definitley something tendrilly, elephantine about the face/head/ top/front of the sculpture.