Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bradford's Media Museum

Interested in historic TV & animation?

Thunderbirds

Wallace & Gromit

Zippy & Bungle

Jemimah, Hambel, Humpty, Big & little Ted

Gordon the Gofer!
Ever fancied reading the news?
Ever wondered how they project Harry Potter in IMAX?

Ever wanted to appear with the Teletubbies?

Or on Coronation Street?

Ever wondered how they filmed The wrong Trousers?
Or just want to chuckle at wierd and wonderful old tellys?

(I think Jason King had the round white one in his groovy pad).

I had one of those Philips V2000s! It looks huge now!
The Bradford National Media Museum is a fascinating day out and it is free! Lots of stuff about photography too. As recommended by the Greys...

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

What a great news anchor he is!

And I know this will sound silly to you, but the British accent is so endearing. What a sweet boy.

Shades said...

Ruthie, I'm surprised you could hear him on that clip! Accents would make a fascinating blog topic, especially if written by various nationalities. Could you pin down what State someone came from in America by their speech? In Britain, sometimes it can be pinned down to a particular town.

Ruthie said...

I've been thinking that for some time, too. I wish I could hear the accents of all the blogpower people, since we're such a varied bunch.

I've heard that bit about being able to pin a person down to a certain town before-- that's impressive.

Here in the U.S., there are very distinct regional accents too-- someone from Boston has a markedly different accent than a New Yorker or a Chicagoan. Southern accents are like a language all their own. Minnesotans have (to me) a really irritating accent with long vowels that's impossible to express on paper.

I can tell the difference between someone from Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn and someone from, say, Long Island, but that's because I'm from New York. I can't differentiate among other sorts of accents as well. Lord Nazh could probably differentiate a Kentucky Southern accent from a Georgia one, because that's his area. It's an acquired skill, I suppose.