Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Purgatory made tolerable

I like mellow, thoughtful music. Christopher Cross helped me get through 12 months of a dreadful job in the Gulf back in 1982. He released his debut Album in 1979 but it was the theme tune to Arthur that encouraged me to track his music down. I've just found his web site, it wasn't hard, I just needed to look. (He's even got a (rather dormant) Blog!)

I'm slightly stunned to find out that he has released seven Albums (and a compilation) without me noticing. I hope they are good because I feel some eBaying coming on. He'll be playing in the UK in October at The Sage, Gateshead. I think I'd rather like to be there.





3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Now, that's pretty music!

Richard Havers said...

I first heard Christopher Cross in Houston Texas. I'd just got off a plane and hired a car to drive to my hotel. On the radio came 'Ride Like the Wind' I was smitten. I immediately drove to the shopping mall to buy the album. That first album and the pink one, can't remember its name are great.

Shades said...

His second Album was "Another Page". I think I had a Cassette of it (remember those?)

I liked AWB as well, pleased to see them on your website.