Thursday, April 28, 2005

Two more prospective parliamentary candidates get in touch...

Nick Vineall, the Tory one, dropped me an email yesterday.

Re ID cards:

"I am opposed to ID cards, at least in the form described in the Bill that
was before parliament, and am generally pretty sceptical."


That is a fairly positive no there, but a certain amount of bet-hedging.

Re the world's smallest political quiz:

"I tried the "quiz" but I thought the questions were pretty ambiguous and am
not at all sure the "score" would reflect where I am on issues generally."


The quiz has ten questions (five on individual freedom, five on economic freedom). Have a look here and decide for yourself how ambiguous you personally feel the questions are.

Sorry Nick, I'm not swayed, I feel that I'm still an honorary member of the 1952 Committee.
1952 Committee

I've also had an email from Colin Challen MP (as was & probably as will be), whom it seems does have an email address (I had to send my original email to the party office, as per the BNP).

I quote his essay verbatim:

From: Colin Challen (Colin Challen's email removed)

Subject: your e-mail

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:39:50 +0100

To: ian.grey@iangrey.org.uk







Please would you advise me of your postal address


Oh dear, the short, sharp treatment. He must have read my unfavourable review of his speeches!

I'll watch the post, & look out for chaps in dark glasses...

In the meantime, here is the opinion of backingBlair on his chances.

No comments: