Sunday, September 02, 2007

A sumptuous room

With a tendency to carry my camera everywhere and snap anything that looks vaguely interesting, I now have more than eight hundred hi-res photos from Spain! (The joys of 1 Gig memory cards).
Needless to say, many of them are turkeys, being blurred, wrongly exposed or poorly composed. However, I really liked this one, taken in a Merchant's House open to the public in Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain. It made a change from the Roman relics of Tarraco which whilst equally interesting wasn't quite as photogenic.

Spot the blown light bulbs lamps!

(I put the camera on timer, plonked it on the floor, pressed the button then cleared off. It is a smidge wonky, hence the slight rotation.)

The room is very 17th Century and the ceiling is superb with allegorical paintings including the elemental themes of earth, wind, fire and water.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Now that is what I call a room!