Monday, September 10, 2007

Familiar tunes...

...when we were at Port Aventura, I heard a familiar tune during the Fort Frenzee stunt show and after some churning of mental gears, announced "Green Acres". Karen looked at me blankly, as she is 6 or 7 years younger than me, depending on the time of year.

I recall it as standard 60's American import TV fare, along with Beverly Hillbillies, I love Lucy, Bonanza, Car 54 where are you?, Get Smart, Lost in Space, The Munsters, Bewitched and Rowan & Martin's laugh in.

Checking this YouTube clip, I now realise that I never ever saw it in colour as we didn't get our first colour TV until 1970 and it was a hand-me down from my Dad's Boss. (It had preset buttons for mono and a tuning dial for colour). Only BBC2 was in colour at the time on 625 line UHF- ITV and BBC were still on 405 lines VHF. We did enjoy watching UFO though, with the purple haired girls.

No comments: