Sunday, May 13, 2007

Domestic crisis averted...

The problem of the collapsing kitchen light has now been satisfactorily resolved. I even managed to find one that took the correct lamp. (The old ones took an R63 size but the suitable efficient lamps were too gloomy so they were fitted with R80 lamps instead).

There was a downside, however. My favourite T shirt is now on the slippery slope to threadbare oblivion. I bought it at Disney Florida in 1995 and after twelve years it is past its best.

Tonight, after I cleaned up the plaster dust, the other members of my family group independently started laughing hysterically when they saw me. I knew I had a fine coating of plaster in my hair but I didn't think it would have looked that funny.

Then they pointed out my "Wardrobe malfunction".

I can't wear that at the next dress-down day, the bin beckons...

3 comments:

Daily Referendum said...

Never mind B&Q, an emergency trip to Disney Florida is in order. A good T shirt is hard to find.

Crushed said...

The joys of DIY.
Did quite a lot on Saturday.
It's rewarding when you come to the end.
The pint afterwards tastes better.

Shades said...

Alas, DR, they change their product line regularly and I've not seen one as good on subsequent trips.

CBI, DIY can be fun, it can be a pain, it can sometimes be both!