Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Springtime for Hitler...

We've been watching The Producers over several evenings with timeslip on the Sky+ box post-BBT (boy bed time). We'd thought about going to see it on tour but hadn't quite got our finger out. Anyway, I checked availability at Manchester Palace online and was pleased to see there were still dates available with Peter Kay playing the part of the inept Director.

Anyway, I suggested a date, and Karen checked the calendar. "No good, we are going to see Five Gays named Moe that day".

A bit of a Freudian slip, although the 2005 Producers is much more Gay than the 1968 version...

Five Guys is touring again, by the way. Karen got into Jive via Joe Jackson and it is a cracking, if somewhat contrived show. (Although I find the original Louis Jordan songs a bit blander on the old recordings). Is you is or is you aint my baby sang slowly in tight close harmony is a showstopper song and gives me goosebumps!

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I like the LJ version and yes, a great song - one that you can make of what you will.